Harry Michlitsch Auction South Dakota

Guest BJM

Years ago I requested and received what was then pre-Internet paper brochures from this South Dakota seller. I never bought anything from him but I loved receiving those brochures showing what cars he had and what was reasonable prices for project cars. Then the Internet exploded and I lost track of his advertisements. I think about 15 years ago, I spotted them in Hemmings but can't be sure. It's been years, and now he is folding up and getting out.

It was nice seeing that he was still around. I have no idea about his reputation ultimately but I enjoyed getting his offering, which included photocopies of the cars sitting in the weeds or grass.

I am going to try and go to this one not necessarily to buy but he does have a 63 Electra convertible and a 63 Electra convertible parts car.

ATTENTION COLLECTORS

APPROX. 500+ COLLECTOR CARS, PICKUPS, & COLLECTOR PARTS AT AUCTION!!

THE HARRY MICHLITSCH COLLECTION

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 18<SUP>TH</SUP>, 2010 AT 10AM- COLLECTOR VEHICLES!

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 19<SUP>TH</SUP>, 2010 AT 10AM- FABULOUS COLLECTOR PARTS!

12148 442<SUP>ND</SUP> Ave, Eden, South Dakota 57232

VanDerBrink Auctions is pleased to bring you the Retirement auction of the Harry Michliltsch collection. Just North of Webster, SD is an automotive Garden of Eden tucked in the farm ground near Eden, South Dakota. This collection has over 500 Collector Cars and Pickups for Project, Parts, and Rod. 98% OF ALL VEHICLES HAVE TITLES! There are Approx. 333 Chevrolets, Approx. 100 Fords, Many Pontiacs, Plymouths, International, Desoto, and MORE! Bidders may harvest the parts they need and leave the Hulks, or take the whole vehicle! Collector Vehicles will be sold Sat. Sept. 18<SUP>th</SUP> and stay Sunday Sept. 19<SUP>th</SUP>, there is a fabulous collection of vintage parts being sold. The parts are primarily Chevrolet, but also many other Brands. This inventory includes Bodies for rod and Restore all makes, Big block Chevrolet Motors, Chevy Sheet Metal, Chrome Goodies, 409 parts, and some NOS , and so much more!

The farm has been sold and everything MUST be Sold At No Reserve- AS IS!!

So plan now on attending this auction, there is something for any Collector! See you in South Dakota! Rain or Shine!

Directions: From Webster, SD: N. on Hwy 25 Approx. 25 miles to Eden, SD. From Eden, SD- 1 miles N. on Hwy #25, to 121<SUP>st</SUP> St. E. on 121<SUP>st</SUP> St to Dead End., then ½ mile S. on 442<SUP>nd</SUP> Ave., then come ½ mil East to auction site. FOLLOW SIGNS!! The address is a 911 address and should GPS. Check Website!

Buicks

Buick/Oldsmobile: 1938 4dr Sedan, 1951 Roadmaster 4dr Sedan, 3-1951 2 & 4dr Sedans, 1953 Special 4dr sedan, 1961 Special 4dr Sedan, 1962 Special 4dr Sedan Aluminum V-8, 1964 LeSabre 4dr Ht, 1962 Skylark 2dr HT, 1964 LeSabre Conv.,1949 2dr Fastback, 1950 “88” 4dr Sedan, 2-1956 “88” 4dr Sedans, 1957 2dr Sedan, 1957 “88” 2dr HT, 1957 “98” 4dr HT, 1962 Starfire 2dr HT, 2-1964 Olds Conv, parts, 1966 Star Fire 2dr HT, and more..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jeroberts

I am needed for a 62 buick electra convertible that I'm restoring the below parts:

Interior crome molding-the molding that goes from dash to windshield, crome rest arms, and ashtrays. crome lathches for convertible top, BUICK lettering to go on trunk lid. Possible a window motor for right rer window, and possible other interior parts.

Can you help if you go to the auction? Thanks,

Jerry (360) 904-6330

e-mail: jerryroberts23@comcast.net

• 2 months later...

Close to 600 cars were auctioned in about 7 hours. The crusher price aka base price was $175. About 2/3 of the cars will be crushed but to be honest this was one where most deserved it.

For those with stamina, including myself, there were "bargains". Keep in mind that all but a handful of cars were #5 or #6 condition.

I purchased a 1963 Electra convertible for $275, so I got my convertible for $100 over crusher price.

Another 63 Electra convertible, which has a trunk lid I could use (which in turn tells you how bad these cars are) will be crushed with no bidders, removing another from the earth.

I 1st bid on a complete, straight, solid 1951 Roadmaster 4 door. It was saved. The buyer got a lot of car for $200.

A 55 Special 2 door HT went just over crusher price. Most of the cars that sold over crusher price went for $200 to $275. Not a lot of Buicks. There was a straight 65 Wildcat advertised as a 66 (might have been a 66 there were not a lot of photos) and a 68 Riviera plain jane that was decent.

But by and large this auction was filled with crappy condition Chevys that deserved to be crushed a l-o-n-g time ago.

So the big question is whether you will find another trunk lid for under $175....

I suspect this car will need a lot more then a trunk lid. Some cars had 3 sentence descriptions. My 63 Electra convertible said PARTS.

But it has a title, has no other missing parts. Has the roof irons. Unknown on drivetrain, hope it's there.

I've seen worse on ebay and CL offered for a lot more. I'll have to go check and see what the Riviera and Wildcat went for.

The problem with auctions is I can only afford one car mostly because of the transport cost to get it back to Iowa.

But that 51 Roadmaster 4 door sedan going for $200 was within the 1st hour of the auction and was a much better car then 99% of what else was there. Had I won that one then the 63 Electra convertible would not have been an option.

I thought it was a nice design (you own a 52 if I recall) with the big 320. Again, they are hard to find and when you do the owner wants $1500 or more.

Imagine though if you are just into ONE car you could have purchased that 51 Roadmaster for $200.

The only reason I did not go after the 65/66 Wildcat was because I have plenty of big block 2 door hardtops but it was near the end of what was a Chevy and Ford dominated auction and probably was purchased for $350 or so.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)