wisconsin Duluth, Superior guys help please

wildcat1562

Guest wildcat465

Greg, the problem is that Hwy 53 going north out of Duluth is 200-300 feet higher than the lake and the city of Superior.

2 joins I-35 on the way to Proctor after crossing into MN and it is just as much uphill as 53. Except that you are driving 4 times farther to get back to 53.

53 was redone about 5-7 years ago to actually be a nice climb up from the lake. It is a much quicker way to go.

Short answer: Yes, but, same hill to conquer.

Guest festid

Born and raised there, and Paul's right; there IS no way to avoid the hill. However, if you take the LONG way around (via Hwy 2 or 33) you would be going up the hill on a freeway (I-35) versus a stop and go kinda thing... So, if it's clutching, etc... on the hill, either of those routes is preferable. Unfortunately, that whole stretch of I-35 is under construction right now (one lane in either direction from West Duluth [Grand Ave] to Boundary Ave. in Proctor), so, you might hit stop and go even on I-35 (depending on what time you go through...) Long answer to a short question. Basically, going Hwy 53 is probably best right now... What was my point???