oil filter

Guest 1930

I have been working or playing with making a replacement oil filter cartridge for 29/39 DA Dodges. It also fits a slew of other autos as a copy of original filter vehicle would have come with. I am stamping the tops from copper and the cylinder is rolled aluminum.

SA-2 is the nomenclature for the filter, I have shown what I did to my original filter a few years back in that I installed an aftermarket all alluminum filter inside of my original filter. It has a replaceable paper type cartridge. This filter alone is between 3-4 hundred if I remember correctly and of course you can add on another couple hundred for my materials time and effort but if anyone is interested my e-mail is jhason2@yahoo.com.

I also have a couple of other original purolator filters that I need to look up application for and can also reproduce and of course I can do whatever is needed with a filter that you might have.

I am thinking that I may try reproducing the Kingston vacuum canister next. Its design is simple enough in that I should have good outcome with that. There will be alot more time involved with them so again that dosent make it cheap but if there is any interest let me know.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-48869-143138178795_thumb.jpg

post-48869-1431381788_thumb.jpg

Without knowing your build date I can only tell you that purolator model A-1 was used on models 6 and 70 from Nov 24 to July 26. I dont have this filter to duplicate one for you but can make one or modify yours if you have one to borrow or modify. I have given my e-mail address above.