A 413 Transmission

Guest mtworkshop

Guest mtworkshop

My 89 2.2 SOHC has developed transmission problems. The Chrysler Dealer says that I need a $2200 new transmission because the Low/Rev Servo and the Valve Body are bad and no replacement parts are available in the system. I have found a rebuilt valve body at MAKCO (one for 165 rebuilt and tested and one for $256 with new solenoids) but they do not have the servo.

What source can I use for a new servo?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest mtworkshop

I found a place called WhateverItTakes.com that is a dealer in used transmission parts. The had part of what I needed but no valve body.

The thought occurred to me that if i'm going to spend the bucks, What would be the best replacement trany? What four speed will bolt up to the engine? What if I got a 2.5 L engine? I recall this discussion in the distant past, so what are the possibilities?

Mike

Guest My TC Toy

My experience has always been to search out a local transmission shop. They would normally have access to required parts and in most cases, if they have a good reputation, they will give an honest and reliable repair. Dealers are ok for warranty items but will normally oversell after warranty. It will cost you $0.00 to check out a local shop.

Good luck

Bob

• 4 weeks later...