1959 Parking Lamp Lenses: It's a go!!!

Centurion

I recently posted a topic here to assess the interest in reproducing the 1959 Buick front parking lamp lenses. Restorable 1959 Buicks almost invariably seem to have cracked or broken lenses, and the supply of NOS lenses has virtually dried up.<P>Al Bahlke, BCA #1676, has molds for these lenses, and has located a supplier who is willing to produce a batch of exact reproduction lenses. Many '59 owners have probably dealt with Al in the past, when he reproduced the rear license lamp lenses for the '59. Al's interest in pursuing this project is to help other '59 Buick fans with their restorations.<P>The lenses are the same for both sides of the car. The price will be $70 per lense, which is slightly higher than our original estimate. I know that NOS lenses -- when they can be found at all -- typically trade for higher prices in the $125 range per lense, making this seem like a good deal to me.<P>If you wish to order lenses for your restoration or to purchase some as spares, please specify the number of lenses you would like, and mail a $35 deposit for each lense to:<P>Al Bahlke<BR>153 Robles Sereno Ct.<BR>Sonoma, CA 95476<P>When a reasonable number of deposits have been received, a batch of lenses will be produced.<P>If this project proves sucessful and there is future interest in the '59 license lamp lenses and taillamp lenses, Al indicated that he would be willing to have some of these produced also.<P>I have dealt with Al previously on the license lamp lenses, and I can vouch for his honesty and character. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at:<BR>laurance@integrity.com<P>----------------------<BR>Brian Laurance, BCA #5168<BR>'59 Electra 4-door hardtop