alarm systen -haywire

Guest REDMAN

well just when you think you know it all, something slaps you in the face , have searched back posts for info on our alarm system , my door locks work on- off -repeatably and a no start on the ign , would like to remove system completly , but what a mess of wires under the dash ,at my age i cant stay down under the dasn that long and forget what i was looking at when i get down again ,any ideas how to eliminate this system?thanks in advance

Guest My TC Toy

I had a starter and alarm on my '90 when I bought it, and then removed it. The simplest way is to dig out under the dash, crawl in there and start carefully removing wires. I do not rememder exactly which now, but a couple of original wires are cut. They will have to be reconnected as they were originally. This is reasonably simple because all you have to do is match up the original colour coding. Other than that it only amounts to removing wiring. Good luck.

I put in a fool proof anti-theft device that simply is a 30A switch spliced in to the main starter relay wire to the ignition switch. I located this switch in a easy to reach concealed location and with the flip of a switch, the car cannot be started. Mine automatically opens the circuit when the emergency brake is released. The next time I shut off the car it is protected and must be switched to start.

Guest My TC Toy

I don't remember exactly. but two wires went from under the dash to the neutral starter switch. Maybe if you disconnected these two the car will fire up. I don't remember if they were spliced to the starter swotch or cut into. Sorry!

no problem as soon as i get throu going to the doctor and it warms and quits raining will try all you have sugestee thanks again , Art