1953 F100

Guest wmw

• 2 months later...
Guest truckdog62563

The person who will have your answer is Lin Stacey. He's the tool advisor for the EFV8 Club. He can be contacted at LinStacey at sbcglobal dot net. Stu

The person who will have your answer is Lin Stacey. He's the tool advisor for the EFV8 Club. He can be contacted at LinStacey at sbcglobal dot net. Stu

Thanks. I already talked with him.

From your reply do I understand right that Lin couldn't answer the question? I'm surprised. Next place to go is the Ford Truck Enthusiast's site. There's somebody there with an answer. Here's the link to the 1948 to 1960 page. Stu

1948 - 1960 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Thanks. I got several replies but no one could verify for a fact the location. Some said behind the driver's side seat and some said behind the passenger side seat and some said under the hood, you name it I heard it. Someone did say and it could have been Lin that the jack, etc was like an accessory. Not sure about that but thanks for the reply. I bought the items needed from Lin and am happy with the purchase.

Guest truckdog62563

Have you checked over at FTE for an answer? I don't remember seeing your question there. If you were asking about 51/52 I'd have your answer and pictures (behind seat on passenger side). But obviously everything changed in '53. There are plenty of guys at FTE that focus on originality. Gotta think they'll have your answer. Stu

oops - just checked in over there and see your question. Good luck with it. Stu

Edited by truckdog62563 (see edit history)

Have you checked over at FTE for an answer? I don't remember seeing your question there. If you were asking about 51/52 I'd have your answer and pictures (behind seat on passenger side). But obviously everything changed in '53. There are plenty of guys at FTE that focus on originality. Gotta think they'll have your answer. Stu

oops - just checked in over there and see your question. Good luck with it. Stu

Yep. I got some pictures and it could be that since this truck was taken apart piece by piece perhaps some new sheetmetal was used (I do not think so) and the original bolt holes were covered up or done away with which held the jack in place. At FTE you can search under (1953 wmw) and find the blogs.

Thanks