1971-1973 Buick Electra WANTED

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I am looking for a restorable 71-73 Buick Electra 4-door hardtop sedan. Must have rust free floors and frame, decent interior and running condition. Prefer under $2,000 / or will consider trading my 71 Chevrolet Caprice 4-door hardtop for one of equal value. Pictures of Caprice upon request.

Guest Shaffer

Thanks for the info. Sounds exactly what I am looking for and it is not even that far away (6 hours) and I have family in Richmond and the price is right, but that color definetly ruins it for me. Thanks again.

you could always re-paint. i saw one with a white exterior and the dark green interior, it had dark green pin-stripes (not original) and looked really good. <P>this one, in brown, does sound kinda odd, but it was their company colors, go figure.<BR><P>------------------<BR>allan<BR>--------------<BR>50 special, 455/th400<BR>64 stude gt hawk, 289/auto<BR>76 poncho GP, 400/th400

Guest Shaffer

I wonder if that was a factory color combo or if they special ordered it. Must be special ordered. I think no one would want a car that color combo. It could be painted white.

this is an old post of mine, but i think the guy still has the car:<P>i ran across a guy selling a 73 electra 225 4door hardtop. it has 455 motor and is not wrecked. i have not seen the car,<BR> but talked to people who have, as well as the owner, and it sounds pretty solid.<P> just over 100K miles, has not run in 4 or years.<P> the interesting thing is it was originally purchased by the philip morris tobacco company as a daily driver for one of<BR> their executives. as such, it features the PM company colors in 73, dark brown exterior and dark green interior.<P> that has to be the weirdest sounding color combo in the world.<P> at this point, the man wants 1200 bucks, but it would not take much to talk him down.<P> you can reach him at (804) 222-5061 and his name is ed madison. in richmond, va<P><P>------------------<BR>allan<BR>--------------<BR>50 special, 455/th400<BR>64 stude gt hawk, 289/auto<BR>76 poncho GP, 400/th400

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

I am still looking for one of these cars, if anyone can help. Will pay cash or trade good, 1971 Caprice for one. ANY help appreciated. Thanks