Page auto

Can anyone offer any information on a Page auto? I found entry in my great great aunt's diary. On January 28, 1920, her husband bought a Page automobile, dark green in color and paid $1,825.00 cash for it. Or do you have any URL that might offer informatin. Thanks, Pat in AL

I know of no car called a "Page", but there was a car called the "Paige" that was built from 1909-1930 in Detroit, Michigan. In 1928 it became part of the Graham-Paige company which contiuned car production until 1941. The 1920 Paige cars came in either a model 6-42 with 119" wheelbase and Paige's own 230 C.I.D. 6 cylinder engine, or model 6-55 with 127" wheelbase and a Continental engine of 303 C.I.D. With the correct spelling of the car you will have better luck finding information. There is a Graham-Paige car club out there that could help you further. wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Mark Huston ]

Pat ~ You are probably looking for information on the PAIGE automobile because the PAGE was first built in 1906 and was gone from the scene by 1909.<P>The PAIGE was manufactured in Detroit from 1911-1927. Paige was a substantial manufacturer of automobiles and in 1920 sold a range of cars priced from $1670 to$3330.<P>Only two models sold for under $2000, so if the car was bought new it would have been either a "Glenbrook Touring" or a "Roadster" as these were the only models in that price range, priced @ $1670.<P>They were both Models 6-42 -- 6 cyl., 23.44 horsepower with a 119" wheelbase.<P>If it was bought used, there is no way to determine what year or model it was from the price alone.<P>hvs<p>[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]