1967 GS 400 aircleaner question

Does anyone know of an aftermaket base I can use to mount my 67 "star wars" air cleaner lid onto a quadrajet? The factory base is missing.<P>Thanks<P>Bob

Looking for the base for the star wars air cleaner is like looking for the kick down bracket for the dual quad set up. I have a couple tops but no bases, I have tried at least a dozen bases and none ever matched. Some time back on this page someone else was going to try to have them made. My best advice is not to buy one without the base or the large knob. The round trishield emblem on the top is the same as ont the door panel of a 63, and the Buiick Letters are also the sme as the 63's. The paint colol is the Flame Red 1965-66 Buick's.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Thanks Jim, is there an air filter available for this aircleaner? I might be able to fabricate a base so I can at least get it to work..<P>Thanks<P>Bob

Bob,<BR>The air filter is the same as the 64-67 300/340 (also same as some other models of Pontiac/Olds/Cadillac) from 61-67). The Purolator number was AFP-64. Fram still makes it I think and want to say it is a #180 but would need to check to be sure.<BR>Back in the 70's there was a company that made a chrome air cleaner that I used the base off of to fit the star wars air cleaner. It did not seal to the bottom, but allowed it to use a purolator AFP-59 filter (which is shorter than the AFP-64 but the same diameter}. It also came with a chrome "3 wing" knob that I used.<BR>Perhaps J.C. Whitney still sells something like it. <BR>I don't know if this helps you, but good luck!<BR>Mark

I've got several of the A/C Delco filters for these Star Wars Air Cleaners. If you want one, let me know. Its the exact one for these and its original GM stuff. I'd take $10 plus $2 shipping.<P>Alan Faircloth<BR>turbo_al@yahoo.com

I bought an old air cleaner at a junk yard and cut it all up with tin snips so it works ok. With some filing and a lot of cut fingers it works. does not show any way.