1969 Skylark Grille Wanted

Clean, used grille with chrome surround wanted. Must be ready for paint, i do not wish to repair one. <P>thanks<BR>james

How about paying for one? Your previous post indicate EVERYTHING is overpriced!! Good luck,,,maybe someone will just give you one.

Well, paying $500 for a "repairible" one is a little out of my league. I am not a 45 year old car buff, with loads of money to spend. I am a 21 year old, with rent and other bills to pay, and I don't have much money to spend. If you can't respect that, than go hang out with british sportscar enthusiasts. Some of us have REAL WORLD budgets to adhere to, amd that is the reason I said everything is overpriced. If we are going to keep these cars on the road, we need to stop ripping each other off. NOS parts are another story, but used parts, should be priced accordingly. Afterall, I am not looking for an NOS 67' GS air cleaner.<P>thanks<BR>james<P>PS: sorry for posting unregistered

To lmsft100: Do you agree that a willing buyer and willing seller at a mutually agreed upon price is called a sale? You assume that because prices are out of your league, sellers are out to "rip you off". Perhaps trying a CHEAPER hobby such a beanie baby collecting could better fit your budget. If you are not willing to pay $300 for a ready to mount grill with chrome surround, is the seller trying to rip you off or you don't have the money?

well bankerman, your name fits your attitude. first off, where does an a-hole like you get the sass to tell me to find a different hobby??? why don't you tell us a little about yourself. its nice that guys like you encourage younger people to get into the old car hobby. your probably the first one to complain about kids driving hondas too. i guess becuase I can't afford to pay $500 for a repairible grille, i better sell my skylark. gee your right, anyone want one??? what should I ask for it bankerman??? hey bankerman, do you even drive your buicks??? when was the last time you had a passion, but not a lot of money??? i guess you forgot that feeling. <P>james

Call Jamel Karkis he had a 69 skylark posted in the Little Rock paper the other day. He told me he'd take 100.00 for his car minus frame. If you wait patiently you can get the parts you want for the right price. 6 months ago I bought a 70 GS Stage 1 4 speed car, no motor or trans. 500.00 The bargains are out there, know matter what others think or say!!!

Hmmmm, A repairable 69 skylark grill for $25.00. I think I could muster up $25 for that. If I can't, I'll start collecting beanie babies!