Getting to know my car

Guest ImperialNorth

Guest ImperialNorth

My poor wife is recovering from hip replacement surgery and to add insult to injury, I go out and buy a TC. I have spent most of my waking hours this weekend detailing and learning all about my little car.

It has a couple of pretty good scratches that will be addressed this week, It has an oil leak which we will look into this week. I have a replacement moulding for the front fender, an OEM AM/FM CD/Cassette on order from ebay. The trunk light doesn't work, and the little ram for the storage area behind the seat doesn't work either. The odometer doesn't work either. Other than that it is in very good condition. Here are some photos now that it is at home.

post-64331-143138137272_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138137274_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138137276_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138137277_thumb.jpg

Guest My TC Toy

Thats the spirit, like most of us, we only get what we want when our wives are not looking. Just kidding. Hope she recovers soon.

The trunk lioght problem, if not a burntout bulb, is more than likely, the switch. The switch is located in the locking mecanism. It needs a good cleaning That was dealt a few weeks ago on this thread.

The odometer problem is usually a damaged planitary gear in the speedo head. You can link to the repair procedure through My TC Toy.

Good luck