Little Fella takes long awaited Gettysburg road trip.

Guest David Simons

Guest David Simons

I finally took my first road trip since getting Little Fella all back together. The car performed outstanding on the entire trip. I was shocked when I stopped for fuel the first time on the way up and calculated my fuel mileage at 28.6 mpg. I fuel up again before I left Gettysburg ,went through Sharpsburg Md. , and the on to Harper's Ferry,W.V. before heading toward home ,east of Richmond. I am still yet to put fuel in the car. I am going to try to post a few pictures of the car while on the trip.

Guest d_voitel

I'm not surprised at the economy. I get about the same on my TC and I'm very happy about it. My wife had a LeBaron convertible with the same 3.0 V6 and got the same economy. Unfortunately someone stole the car, other wise we would probably still have it. I hope you enjoyed Gettysburg, Sharpsburg and Harpers Ferry. They're great places to visit. Lot's of Civil War history like the Richmond area. Good Luck with the "Little Fella."

Guest ImperialNorth

Sounds like a great trip, I thought you should get high 20s? Or are you thinking because it is a little modified it might not?

Well Dave wish me well I am off to Ohio Sunday to pick up my little TC. Will let you know how I make out going from a 69 Imperial to an 89 TC.

Guest David Simons

As a fellow Imperial owner, let me say you will love the nimble handle but have to give up a lot in the ride department. Go luck on your trip and keep us posted.

Guest d_voitel

Yes, the Imperials give a much different ride than the TC, but that's quite O.K. The '92 we have has a great ride and surprisingly, it is fairly economical on the highway, (high 20's).

Guest ImperialNorth

I always look for trends and such. It is interesting how many TC owners own or have owned Imperials. Is there something about the TC & Imperial that attracts us all? Or is it simply the similar market they competed in

Guest d_voitel

Our Imperial belonged to my wife's parents and when they passed, we had a choice of selling or keeping the car. Since it had 50K on the odometer, it was a no brainer. My wife likes Mopar and I'm a GM (Pontiac) fan. Deep down, MOPAR's have a soft spot for me as well. Our youngest daughter had a Daytona and I had a Stealth a while back. I wish I still had the Stealth, but I kept getting in trouble, (lead foot itis). We also have a Sebring convertible that will be with us until it dies of old age. I have no complaints with the MOPAR family, they're all very dependable. Bottom line, I think it's the family they're associated with.

Guest ImperialNorth

Lucky you, I think I rode home in a 52 F**D. I am the odd sheep in our family, I am the only diehard Mopar fan. Although my first car was a 66 Impala convertible.