1962 Special verses 1962 Skylark

Guest wbt2664

Guest wbt2664

Anyone out there know if the 1962 Buick Special two convertible and the 1962 Buick Skylark Convertible or hard top two doors have the same grill as the Special. i dont have grill for my 1962 special but found one on ebay but its for a skylark. will this fit. anyone know. please let me know before i buy this grill. thanks

Here's the grill on a Special.

20070709_62SpecialThille3.jpg

I couldn't find the one on eBay to compare.... It would fit, since they are the same body, but if it is different, it wouldn't be "correct" or "authentic".

Here's a Skylark:

2448339226_2b1463c94a.jpg?v=0

Perhaps my car is missing the tri-shield emblem in the grill, or perhaps that was only on the Skylark. Either way, the basic grill is the same.

Edited by Thriller
Added Skylark photo. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ric's62

The grills are the same, with the skylark having the grill badge. Though i have seen a few specials in junk yards that had the badge on. They had been there quite awhile and the badges seemed to have been there from day one. I have a couple of grills, if you still need one. Also quite a few conv. only parts. I live in Mar Vista. West side of sunny so. cal L.A. Rick

Guest wbt2664
The grills are the same' date=' with the skylark having the grill badge. Though i have seen a few specials in junk yards that had the badge on. They had been there quite awhile and the badges seemed to have been there from day one. I have a couple of grills, if you still need one. Also quite a few conv. only parts. I live in Mar Vista. West side of sunny so. cal L.A. Rick[/quote']

Hey Rick thanks for that info. i got a grill already from this guy in oregon off a skylark i wasnt sure if it was the same or not but took the chance. i still havent gotten it yet cause i have family in oregon and my brother inlaw got it for me, he said it looks good for the price i paid. i will send for it later. im in south bay area, i do need some more exterior parts for my 1962 buick special conv. what parts do you have? let me know. Thanks Terry and once again thanks for the info on the grill now i can rest alittle better knowing it will fit.