Wanted- 69-72 Skylark 4dr/wagon plastic trim

Need center pillar plastic lower trim pieces for 69 Sportwagon (4dr and wagon should also fit). This is the plastic piece that goes between the front and rear seats between the doors. Buckskin color would be great, but any decent paintable items will do.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Mark

Hi Roberta,<BR>Thanks for the pics. Looks like what you have there are the trim pieces that go behind the rear seat. So far mine are holding paint, but let me know what you want for those anyway.<BR>The ones I need are between the front seat and the rear on the pillar between the doors.<BR>The lower piece is wider at bottom than at top. <BR>Since the paint peeled off I have been trying to remove the rest and it has been tough!<BR>I was told it would be easier to get different ones and start fresh with new paint. The pieces should be the same between 4dr and wagons and that is why I changed my post. The last set I got was off a 71-2 Chevelle wagon and they were the same. I also got a set off an Olds Cutlass 4dr (68?) but those pieces are pretty rough. <BR>So, anyone out there with 69-72 4dr parts car should have them.<BR>Thanks for the help and let me kwow what you want for the ones you got.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Mark

Here's something to try on the plastic parts, to get the old paint off, try oven cleaner, my friends use it on plastic models, try a small spot first, before the whole piece, but I bet it will work, then wash it good with TSP, the stuff they use before painting siding, rinse and dry very well, then paint with vinyl paint, if you can't find a spray can in the right color, have your paint supply place mix it(for vinyl), then use a spray gun or one of those bottles with the aerosal can attached. That should work, RV

Roberta, <BR>I never thought of that one. I used oven cleaner to clean a trans case once and it took the paint off the model tag. I will give it a try. For now I have been chipping it away with a small screwdriver. Slooooooow process.<BR>If all else fails, I may just cover the plastic with vinyl material if I can find some in buckskin.<BR>I owe you one for all your help.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Mark

Mark,<P>I have a '72 4 dr parts car at home with a light brown interior. I'll check for those pieces this evening. Anything else you might need?<P>Ken<BR>69buick@duluth.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dcm422@aol.com:<BR><B>Ken,<BR>So far all I need are those pillar pieces.<BR>Please let me know what you find.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Mark</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mark,<P>I had both the upper and lower pieces in my '72 4dr parts car. The numbers on the back of the lower pieces are 7777493 Right and 7777494 Left. They are brown and only slightly faded, they've never been repainted.<BR>Let me know if these are what you are looking for.<P>Ken<P>

Ken,<BR>Those are the same numbers I have on the set I have. Please let me know what you would like for them along with shipping. I am in New York.<BR>Thanks for getting back to me!<BR>Mark