FOR SALE

Guest David Simons

Guest David Simons

For Sale: 1989 Chrysler TC. Royal Cabernet,bordeaux interior , black rag top, Engine and transmission just rebuilt. Engine is bored thirty over with no gap bottom rings. Block has been decked. The head is new and has been shaved, ported, polished, triple angle valves, and back cut. New roller cam with a 460 lift. The smec has been upgraded to a stage II and larger fuel injectors installed. The transmission has a shift kit with a 2500 rpm stall convertor. The overall condition of the car is good. The interior is very nice. The body is in good condition with only a few minor dings. The paint needs to be redone. I had all of this work done and have put less than 100 miles on it since getting it back. I have lost interest in the car and would prefer to work on my Imperial. I can provide tickets to verify all of the work listed above. I also have extensive records on the car from it's previous owner. The asking price is $7800 or best offer.

Say it aint so David:( I was following your progress and had hoped you were creating a 'challenge car' for the worlds fastest TC;) I'm hoping the TC will somehow win you back over with it's newfound power. Tell me about those 100 miles, were they not what you had hoped for? Is the car as fast as you had expected? If not, I would suspect cam or ignition timing. double checked those?

Alan

Guest David Simons

Alan,

The car runs like a rapped ape. I guess what put me out was the fact that my paint got the worst end of the deal. The hot summer time Virginia sun spider webbed the trunk pretty bad. The hood and roof are not as bad but the entire car will need paint to look right. The engine will twist up to 6100 before it shifts and snatches you back when it does. I ran the car up to 125 mph and it never gave any signs that it was gonna quit pulling, I ran out of road and had to lift. The overall performance is very impressive. I don't know if I want to give you a run for your title but the little fella will hold its own.