Central Vac, again

Guest G Froelich

Guest G Froelich

Finally made it to a junk yard and found a 3300 with a decent vacuum port (the plastic part that sits atop the throttle body adapter). My Reatta came with one that had a couple flanges broken off and I've had doubts that the jimmied tube connections were really airtight.

My question: Should some kind of sealant or adhesive or gasket go between the plastic part and the metal adapter body? The one on my car seemed to have a sealant, but the one on the junker didn't. Is a good silicon adhesive enough to make it an airtight and heatproof connection? Thanks!

I'm at work right now, till midnight, but there is a gasket for that assembly. I ordered mine from Buick. When I get home, I'll post the part number & price.

G Froelich,

the vacuum block gasket is listed as: GASKET-VACUUM. GM part #25537222. Cost approx: $5.00. The gasket goes between the vacuum block and the intake manifold. I believe this is what you're looking for.

Edited by Drake (see edit history)

Guest G Froelich

Drake, that's exactly what I'm looking for--I'm ordering it today. Many thanks! Hopefully, my high-temp gasket maker will do until it comes. By the way, I found the diagram showing the piece from the GM parts catalog on compnine, but I don't think the FSM ever shows or discusses it (I've looked!).