Car show fees

LINC400

Guest pitt64

I pass on any show that charges the car owners, even if it's $1....

If they need money, how about getting rid of the DJ that plays the loud music that most people hate!

Guys

I understand your peeve about allowing spectators in free and we having to pay. However if the spectators were charged even a $1, they most likely would not come at all. So we have to draw people in somehow otherwise how do we get them interested in joining up and participating in the hobby.

I think the only shows that should charge and rightly so are the grand concourse shows, I.E. Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Meadowbrook etc. However having had to put on shows I know the ropes and unless your suppliers are willing to donate their goods for free(yeah right), you have to covers costs somehow. So stay away from the $20 shows and hit the $10/$15 shows if there are any left and if there are no then the higher ones are going to get the message. Try and talk to the promoters and see if they would consider a lower fee for a car with a do not judge sign on it. Like you I have more trophies than I have space. However if I want to go and I have to pay I chalk it up to supporting the organizations that put the show on.

ALK

I pass on any show that charges the car owners, even if it's $1....

If they need money, how about getting rid of the DJ that plays the loud music that most people hate!

I agree, that's why we get local businesses to sponsor individual cars instead of charging fees to owners.

We ran the show for 2 years with no fee for spectators, 2 years with a "suggested" fee of $2, $5 fee last year and $5 individual and $10 family fee this year.

Attendance has increased every year.