DB Engine paint

Hey, Remember me???<BR>My 1927 Dodge Bros Woody Depot Hack is getting there but I need to know what color the engines were painted. Anybody know???

Ok, so I forgot to log in and that's why I came up unregistered, sorry. It's been a while, ok, since January 11 (if you want to jog your memeory and see the picture of my Woody, go back a year, to page 16! You guys have been busy and still talking about KK's I see!!)

Corinne -<BR>Well, well look who showed up! Welcome back. I believe that even in '27 DB engines were that unique light green. I'll look up the correct engine color in the next day or so and if it is the green I can give you the current matching code. grin.gif" border="0

Corinne:<BR>The later DB 4 cly. engines apparently were painted pretty much the same as earlier years. The correct basic engine color is a medium grayish green. Close DuPont matches that should be available are exterior colors from mid 50s French cars - 1957/58 Renault (246) 83118 or (93) 83118, or 1958 Peugeot (93) 83503.<P>Be aware that there is a paint scheme - not everything is green. Items painted gloss black: on right side of engine - intake manifold, accessory air cleaner, distributor/coil casting, water inlet/outlet pipes, water pump (although I have pictures of the pump body painted engine color); on engine front - auxiliary shaft pulley, fan, fan belt adjuster/pulley; on left side of engine - vacuum pump, horn; underneath on oil pan the oil pump cover and oil line flange are both black - the oil pan is cast non-ferrous and not painted.<P>Starter and generator should be satin black, exhaust manifold not painted. Engine attachments painted green: carburetor inlet casting, valve chamber covers, horn/vacuum tank mounting bracket, oil fuller tube and cover, (although on later engines this is sometimes recommended to be black). Have fun painting! <BR> wink.gif" border="0