1986 CENTURY GS INFO NEEDED

i am currently looking for any feedback on the 1986 century gs. any owners of the cars with either positive or neg feedback about their gs are encouraged to reply. what are the cars value in todays market.?? are they in any demand from collectors.?? how many were actually produced.??were there any options such as t-tops/auto or 4spd,color..??are parts hard to find.?? etc..etc..any help/info or direction leading to info on this model would be greatly appreciated.i just don't see these cars anywhere and have the oppurtunity to purchase one.thanks for any responses.

Only about 1086 units were made of this one year only model. It was basically a trim only option and parts are VERY difficult to find.The car was black only and had unique rear spoiler, wheels, grill, emblems, headrests, floormats, ground effects, decals, to name a few. I believe the front-wheel drive car was only available as an automatic. The one I had did not have a sun roof or T-tops. Performance is pretty much non-existant( without modification )and the demand/value seems pretty low.<P>------------------<BR>1972 GS 455 4-speed <BR>1990 Reatta convertible<BR>1990 Regal GS

Sorry, they made 1029, a friend of mine bought one new. Check out this website for more info: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/5277/buick.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/5277/buick.html</A> <P>------------------<BR>Roberta<BR>BCA TREASURER 2000-2001<BR>BCA PRESIDENT 1998-2000<BR>BCA VICE PRESIDENT 1997-1998<BR>WEBMASTER<BR>Director-Michigan Chapter- Gran Sport Club of America 1989-Present<BR>http://www.geocities.com/buickracer<BR>1956 Special 2 door Sedan<BR>1966 Wildcats<BR>1968 GS-400 Convertible 4-speed<BR>1970 GSX Stage 1<BR>1970 Skylark Racecar - 11.26, 118 MPH, 7/22/00<BR>1986 GN, 4800 miles

I checked in my copy of "The Buick A Complete History" for some additional information on the 1986 Buick Century GS. My copy is 1987, so I don't know if additional information is available. A picture of car is also shown on pg. 324-21C of this book.<P>Model # 4AH27, 14,781 units, of which 1,029 are the GS models. Color is Black only. Car was introduced in late 1986. 1999 BCA Roster lists two cars, but because Model # is the same as 2 Dr. Centurys, you cannot tell if anyone in club actually has one. Car has rear spoiler, 15" aluminum wheels, with alumimum GS centercaps, which I believe wheels are unique to this vehicle. This car did not have any "Buick" identification on the outside of the car, but did have a large Buick decal left in the trunk from the factory. The new owner could decide if they wanted to put it on. Standard engine was 3.8L V6. Gages were also standard with factory tachometer and special suspension.<P>Hope this helps.<P>Frank Lee<BR>BCA # 14103<BR>franklee@uplink.net<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Frank Lee (edited 11-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by don't GS me:<BR><B>i am currently looking for any feedback on the 1986 century gs. any owners of the cars with either positive or neg feedback about their gs are encouraged to reply. what are the cars value in todays market.?? are they in any demand from collectors.?? how many were actually produced.??were there any options such as t-tops/auto or 4spd,color..??are parts hard to find.?? etc..etc..any help/info or direction leading to info on this model would be greatly appreciated.i just don't see these cars anywhere and have the oppurtunity to purchase one.thanks for any responses.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>thanks to all for your help and info.<BR>i greatly appreciate it<BR>

• 1 month later...