Frame swap

Guest V8Dreams

Guest V8Dreams

Hello. I'm new to this forum and joined because although I am a good wrench, I have a new project that has the wheels in my head turning at max speed. I am the proud new owner of a 56 Roadmaster 4 door series 72. She is complete and the 322 still runs, but the old girl needs alot. Including a windshield. I dont want to break any hearts, but I am going to restomod her, however, I want to use only Buick parts. What I am doing is keeping the original look of the car outside, but updating the interior,(read seats and steering column,) and I have a complete 75 electra 2 door that shares the same wheelbase but has all the better chassis and brake components, not to mention the 455/400 combo under the hood. The body on the 75 is not restorable, so I'm wondering if I can put the 56 on the 75 frame. I'm curious if anyone has done this that you know of? I need advice and will listen to any suggestions. I am a former mechanic turned parts guy, so feed me all the data you can, as I am on a learning curve with the 56. Never had one this old before. What an awesome design. Thanks in advance for any help, Ed in Tucson.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest V8Dreams

Thanks, Old Guy-Was he able to use the 455? I would also like to know, this is a sedan, and most of the examples I see are hardtops- are the sedans harder to find? My struggle is, I dont want to seriously change a more rare car if it should be restored stock. This one is far from cherry, but the car is 100 percent there. only thing not stock are the rims- steel, but not original. she's a southwest car, too- az. and all chrome,stainless is in very decent, driver shape, with some pitting. I want to build a custom ride, but should I? Im in a moral dileema and want to do the right thing. Thanks, Ed.