1923 Studebaker Light Six Parts needed

Guest JK1

I am in need of ignition parts for this vehicle(plugs, wires, cap etc.) It has a Delco-Remy distributor in it with the serial# 5D08 and model # 1112403. I contacted Steven Muntz from Spokane WA., but he will be on vacation until the first of July. If I could find another vendor to get these parts that would be great and get me by until Steve gets back to the office.

Also, I would like to make some contacts with people just for information on this car. This is the first Studebaker I have worked on and am doing it for a friend as it has sat for 25 years and he is wanting to drive it in a local parade this summer.....any help is appreciated!!

You should be aware that the Delco-Remy distributor you note above is not the original one for a 1923 Light Six. The Light Six used a Remy 626A (from the days before Delco and Remy merged) or a Wagner (I forget the model number). It very well may be from a later model Studebaker. I think Delco-Remy merged around 1928.

According to a 1962 parts interchange book the Delco-Remy 1112403 distributor was used on Chevy passenger cars and trucks (obviously 6 cyl.)from 1955 to 1961. In that the interchange book ends with 1961 data they could have been used by Chevy even later. You should be able to find most all that you need at your local auto parts store.