Thumping when I make a left turn

Guest Booth89e

Guest Booth89e

This may just be a generic car question or it could be something specific to the TC, but I just started getting a thumping sound and the feeling like I am riding on a flat, when I make a left turn. It feels as if it coming from the right front wheel. I have not crawled under to see if something is impeding it when I turn, but barring that what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Guest LouZ

Hi,

Sounds like a CV joint in your drive axle. When a CV joint goes bad it usualy clunks when rotated at its extreme twisted ends. Axles are available from most auto supply stores. I have had the best luck on the Web look up CV Drive axle or 1/2 shaft fot Chrysler Maserati TC. About $89.00 free shipping; but had to pay "Core" charge that was refunded after return of bad axle. When you get the new one check it carefully with the old one. There is a gear type wheel on one end. That is called a Tone Wheel. It works the Anti-Lock brakes. <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> BE SURE IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE OLD ONE & IS IN THE SAME PLACE.