Fender Welting 1938 Coupe

Guest Jake 1938

Guest Jake 1938

I am getting conflicting information. Did the 1938 Dodge coupe use external (ie exposed bead) welting on front and rear fenders as well as around the runing boards?

Thanks

I looked in my Master Parts List from 1936 to 1942 and it lists both front and rear fender welt for the D8. It was used for all years 36 - 42. Fender welt is also used between the running board and the fenders.

Guest Jake 1938

Thanks. Also curious about body mounts. Do each of the body to frame "spools" use three rubbers - one flat on top of the insert, one "mushroom" around the insert, and one more flat below the insert? I dont trust the current arrangment on my coupe and it seems to use a combination of 3 rubbers and two rubbers for the "spool" body to frame mounts. Again - thanks for your help. jake

• 2 months later...

Looking at the pictures that I have in a couple of reference documents it look like there is a "spool of rubber" only. The spool has a metal support under the top that ties into the frame, the cab sits on top of it, and then a big washer is on top that the bolt fit through. I also looked at my 38 and that is the way it is set up.

Drop me a line I too am working on a 38 Coupe with a lot of data available. Drop me a line to discuss. tomhorn@rcn.com.