1934 and 1937 Fargo Trucks

Guest barryc

Guest barryc

I have located the above in considerable disrepair and am looking at restoring the 1934 - I have the following Chassis No: 8344823 / Plate: B-5-O-LR 390 / Engine No: CT6-6058 / Gross Weight: 10500 lbs.

I would appreciate anyone out there who has information / pictures / photos or advice regarding this truck to assist with my restoration.

The 1937 is Serial No: 8503425 / Model FE-4-59 / Engine: T41-4769.

Both of these trucks are in New Zealand.

Regards

Barry

Guest DodgeKCL

I have a 1935 Dodge Model KCL made in Detroit and I've done some background hunting over the years.

As far I know with both serial numbers being in the 8 millions they were both American made. The 'FE' is a Fargo produced in the U.S. for export only. Canada made Fargos for internal sales and export to the Commonwealth. Does the '34 have the FARGO name on it? The plate info indicates a DODGE truck name. The 'B' number is the body style number with the Line Registration number '390', basically the body serial number. The '5-0' seems to indicate a 'cowl and chassis' on which a non standard locally built body was installed. 'CT6' is different. The T6 just means 'truck engine style #6' wonder what 'C' means. Rebuilt? T6 is a small 6 used in the 3/4 ton.

'FE-4-59' would mean a Fargo truck style '4-59'. From what I've found out over the years '0' is a 'cowl and chassis','1' is a 'windshield,cowl and chassis', '2' is a 'cab and chassis' etc. The 'T41' is again the truck engine style number followed by it's serial number.

Do you have any photos?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barryc

Hi

I am writing this on behalf of my father - barry. Yes we have photos of the 'trucks' and I will try and get them posted on this site in the next few days. Unfortunately we will be away from NZ (travelling to England) from 2 June till 2 July but should be able to check the site whilst away for any replies.

Alternatively will be back in touch when we get back - Dad would love to chat to someone about these trucks - will probably talk for hours given the chance :-)...but perhaps on his return from the UK we could organise for him to call at a time convenient to you - as often speaking in person is more beneficial - especially when technologically challenged as Dad tends to be.

Thanks for your reply, will pass on the info and post photos asap. Regards Leanne

• 2 months later...
Guest barryc

To DodgeKCL

Thanks again for the info you have sent re the numbers on the trucks. Perhaps the 'C' stood for Canada? We are back from the UK now and Dad would appreciate being able to speak with you about your trucks. I have tried to post photos on the site but have been unable to work out how to get them uploaded so they show where you can see them.

Your assistance on this would be appreciated. Alternatively, if you would be able to forward a contact phone or fax number to dad's email - barrycleaver@slingshot.co.nz (he would speak via these posts if he could but is a little technologically challenged - and the internet connection is extremely slow where he lives on the farm - so would rather speak direct if poss).

Kind regards