Picture of my TC

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Guest CHRYSLER TC

I have been trying to get this car ready to sell, I.ve got the car in I think pretty good shape, still a couple of small items, like R.S. door lock and still waiting on top pull down motor. My housing is cracked, motor works, I had a complete assembly bought for almost the price of just the housing, but the guy sent it to the wrong person, still waiting to see what happens. I've got a lot more money in this car than my selling price. I need to get $5700. Thanks, Clayton p;

Thanks,

Clayton C.

post-60711-143138071566_thumb.jpg

Edited by CHRYSLER TC
changing info. (see edit history)

Guest TC42-MRP

Nice looking TC. Mine is the same color. Did you have a lot of restoration to do on it?

Guest CHRYSLER TC

I've done nothing to interior or exterior, best I can tell all orignal, just a few mechanical things, like rebuilding transmission. In process of replacing ABS pump & motor assembly now and a few other minor things. Car shows 63K.

Thanks for looking,

Clayton C.

Guest LouZ

Hey Clayton,

Very nice looking car. If that's a worn spot I'mm looking at on the drivers seat cushion. That Leatherique will fix it. lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Yes Lou, it's about 1" long, there is a spring wire in that area that causes that to wear there, I've seen several others worn just like mine, thanks for the advice.

Clayton C.

Guest LouZ

The real reason that spot wears is the lack of padding of any kind between the leather and the seat frame. When I get any of these cars, and I do the preliminary and complete cleaning and lubeing of everything. When I remove the seats to clean the rugs etc. under them and clean & lube the complete seat mechanisms. I cut a piece of that memory type foam 1" thick x about2" wide & 3"to 4" long and work it in place between that seat pipe frame and the seat bolster. I'm hoping that will prevent that from happening in the future. Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Thanks Lou, just for info, I put pull down problem on back burner. I pulled my ABS pump & motor ass'y. yesterday, sending off today to be rebuilt,

Thanks,

Clayton C.

Guest d_voitel

Your TC looks great! I'll have to post a few pictures as well. I didn't have to do much restoration either. Just a good cleaning and TLC.

I did have to replace the soft top. The folks that did the work are awesome. They work primarily on high end cars in the D.C. area, (read MB, BMW, Aston Martin and the like). The new top looks great! They take their time and do it correctly.

The next things on the list are more detailing, radio, and the ABS. The ABS light is on all the time. Brakes work fine, just no ABS. It's truly a fun machine.

Once all that's complete, the car will be in pretty much tip-top shape.

Guest LouZ

Go to the Buick Reatta Website http://www.reatta.net/brakes/brakes_troubleshooting/html

Same Brake system.. good troubleshooting procedure.. 5 pages long.. Print them out, park in a quiet place, open the hood,(so you can hear the pump good) follow the procedure it takes between 5min. to 10min. You will probably know what the problem is. ~ Also ~ The main electrical feed is in a little black box on the inside right front fender panel. look for a black rectangular box 2" wide x 4" long x 2" high, release 2 snaps, 1 ea. end , lift off top. 3 relays inside and 2 oversize plug-in fuses. (that's where the juice feeds from). They are prone to overheat the electricl connections & melt the plastic and other bad things. Good Luck, Lou

Guest d_voitel

Thanks Lou. I'll check it out and report back. I retrieved the info from the Reatta site as a guide.

• 1 month later...
Guest CHRYSLER TC

I put my TC on ebay today to see how it goes, I personally think this is a very nice car.

Regards,

Clayton