Chime will not SHUT UP! on gf's TC

Girlfriend, okay FIANCEE, has an '89 TC. Keeps it garaged and hadn't driven it since 2005. Got it started and it runs fine. Everything works except the power antenna. Only problem is the chime in the dash WILL NOT STOP MAKING NOISE. DING..DING..DING.. Tried different keys, checked the door switches, and dont know what the seatbelt sensor is. Gonna rip the thing out if I cannot get it to stop. Anybody else have this problem??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rip away I say, I never liked that thing. I think it's the light blue/plastic one under the dash...

Alan </div></div>

LOL! Annoying is the best way to describe the noise. It DING's all the time, even when the engine is running. Your suggestion gives me the ability to wreak vengeance on the POS and that's what I'm gonna do. Seems to be located on top of the glovebox. "Little f'er, it's time to say goodbye..."

Guest My TC Toy

OK, lets not get too violent. Obviouslt there is a problem or otherwise the chime would not be chimimg. If the chime is over the glovebox it is most likely the "key-in, seatbelt warning, headlight on chime. If you have a manual see page AQ 86 in the wiring diagrams (1990). You will have to do a bit of poking and prodding but with a little patience (and we all have that) you will fix the problem.

As far as the seatbelt sensor is concerned see section 8M in the same manual.

Patience always wins out. If not, remove the chime. Oh well, we tried!