'41 Voltage Regulator

Guest Olddog3

Guest Olddog3

Is there anything special about the voltage regulator on a '41 Mod. 47 Special or will any typical 6V regulator be OK? I can get plenty of generic regulators but I thought I recalled something about the windings in the Buick generator. Thanks for the help.

Guest unclefogey

Knowing that the voltage regulator in my '41 was not functioning properly, I was on the lookout for the possibility of finding one at swap meets during the winter storage time. Found a similar looking one at the Portland swap meet (was visiting a friend) which was marked as for a range of years which included '41 but was stated as being applicable to the larger series 60, 70, 80. I asked the seller if it would work in a model 46, and he repied that it wouldn't because of a different amp. rating of my generator. Can only believe this is true, because he didn't have a sale based on this info.

Bought one from Bob's, the one without Delco on it for $15.00 less. Bob's lists this regulator as for all 6V, 1940-53, so, go figure. The Delco logo one is listed as only applicable through 1951, so, go figure again. Nothing is listed for '34 through '39. I wonder what these owners do when their regulators give out.