Build card 29/30 DA

Guest 1930

I also wanted to show here what anyone with at least a DA can get from Chrysler Historical, it is called a Build card, I cannot say how far they have them back to, I would hope since the beggining but doubtfull. Anyway it is cheap to order and money well spent, if anyone would like the address I can give it to them, I can decipher most anything on these now and would be happy to help anyone do theirs if they decide to get one. They will tell you all sorts of info such as original paint code ( which we can decipher ) where your car was originally shipped to, key code info ect ect ect. A few years ago alot of info could not be figured out but now nearly everything can because of people like everyone on this site.......

post-48869-143138043445_thumb.jpg

Somehow I think I may have missed your request on the address, sorry for this if I did and this would never be intentional, the address is Daimler Chrysler Corporation

Corporate Hictorical collection

12501 Chryler Freeway CIMS 410-11-21

Detroit MI USA 48288

I would call them first to see what the protocall is concerning this request as it has been maybe 6 years since I put my request in, there # is 313-252-2902 or fax is 313-252-2928........Hope this helps, money well spent

Guest DodgeKCL

I believe currently it's $45 for a car and $25 for a truck. As you say money well spent. You find out all sorts of strange info on your vehicle, left or right hand drive(if a chassis only), type of wheels (steel or wire)(mine apparently were 17" steel wheels! I have never been able to find a set, it had 1950s 14" rims on it when I bought it, so settled on much more common 16" but put on correct 6.00X16" tube type light truck bias ply bw tires),number of ply for the tires(all Chrysler products had Goodyear diamond tread for years), key numbers for ignition and side mount locks, original paint colors, whether hood ornament was plain or fancy (mine was fancy 'sheep rad cap'), what bumpers it left the factory with, rear end ratio (mine are 4.11 gears)etc. If you have sidemounts now and suspect it didn't originally this is where you would find out. Mine had a passenger side sidemount (no cover) but does not now. I've decided to leave it as I found it. But the Build Sheet tells all. All sorts of questions answered if your vehicle is in poor shape as mine was. Good luck.

I am wondering if anyone has ever looked into finding out more info on their particular dealer there car was sent. Mine was sent to Texarkana Tx and I have a photo of the showroom of that dealer that is was sent to which was the Creekmore Motor Co. ( I guess I am assuming this was where it went as I am assuming this was the only Dodge showroom in Texarcana TX at this time but curious if anyone has looked into this and how they went about it?