1938 Dodge D8 or Plymouth

Guest MelJan

My friend has a '38 Dodge (D10 - Canadian Version, but labeled as a D8 in the USA), Deluxe Six Business Coupe with Collector plates on it. We are looking for a front brake drum, and cannot seem to find anything anywhere. Any suggestions?

Assistance is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

MelJan, There is a 39 Plymouth brake drum on eBay Motors that I think will work for this car. The drum is found as follows: eBay Motors 1939 Plymouth Front Brake Drum (item 320342104281 end time Feb-21-09 171727 PST)

The address link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1939-Plymouth-Front-Brake-Drum_W0QQitemZ320342104281QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item320342104281&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

You also might try Ed Spiegel 412-559-6880 to see if he has one or knows of someone who does.

Hope this helps.

Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MelJan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend has a '38 Dodge (D10 - Canadian Version, but labeled as a D8 in the USA), Deluxe Six Business Coupe with Collector plates on it. We are looking for a front brake drum, and cannot seem to find anything anywhere. Any suggestions?

Assistance is appreciated. </div></div>

The D10 is not the same car as the U.S. D8 (which was sold in Canada as the Custom Six). Your D10, DeLuxe Six, is the same car as the Plymouth DeLuxe (P6). The lower-priced D9, sold as the Six in Canada, is the same as the Plymouth Business (Plymouth Six in Canada), model P5.

The only major difference between the P5-P6 and the D9-D10 is the front clip, which on the D9-D10 is shared with the D8.

Just remember, too, the engine in your D10 is the larger, 25" flathead six while the American Plymouths used the 23" block.

Bill

Vancouver, BC