Late 20's top material

Guest dalestern

Guest dalestern

Have a 1928 president that needs a top. Where does one get that done, or at least get the material from? My wood is fine, and the chicken wire is perfect. I need everything else. Thanks, DS

• 6 months later...
Guest dalestern

Hey Phil, I'm so sorry, I just now saw this message that you left 6 months ago. I hope that all is well up there in beautiful Oregon. The car is great, though I haven't touched it yet, but I start it almost every week, and have it well covered. I need to replace the top that blew off the car on the trip to Los Angeles. Any advice that you can give me as far as material, or a place here that I could trust to do it would be great. Best regards, Dale

Dalestern@aol.com

2137 W21st St. LA, CA 90018

818-679-4018

Guest Good Old Days

Hi Dale and Phil!

Dale and I have met before about his car, I don't remember having met you Phil, I'm sorry!

But I'm a 1928 FB owner as well, actually I got two! My fathers Norwegian FB and an all original American FB, both sedans also. It's always nice to meet other FB owners! BTW do you know where to find hub caps? Are they reproduced?

Dale, people here in the business of upholstry work tell me you can still buy that material.

I don't want to restore my last FB, because it's so damned original! But the roof worries me, driving it won't be so fine in the rain! When we transported the car to my place, we used a lot of duck tape to keep it from getting ripped of!

It's nice to hear the car is still with you!:)

Good luck with it!

Carine

Guest dalestern

Hi Carine. I still have the photos of your car on my computer. They inspire me, and honestly they are the only reference I have of what my car should look like. Hope all is well. Dale

Guest Good Old Days
I still have the photos of your car on my computer. They inspire me, and honestly they are the only reference I have of what my car should look like. Dale

All is well, Dale!:D

We are working on a Studebaker, so it has to be well!:D:D

Thank you for keeping my photos on your computer, it's good to be of any help to you!

Finding your way into the path of restorations/ maintenance of our beloved antique cars isn't always easy!

Keep on trying to get information down here, people are willing to help.

BTW there's a guy selling all the parts/workshop books you probably need, they make copies and are very reliable so I heard. Faxon Auto Literature is their name

manuals@faxonautolit.com their Email address.

Good luck,

Carine:)