1933 Sport Coupe Trim

Guest Juergen

Guest Juergen

Hallo,

I wrote here already about the Coupe and I guess I will have it in the next 8 weeks in perfect condition. (I hope so).My question: can I find somewhere informations about colour combination outside and interieur. Was leatherinterieur available? The trimnumber is not good readable, because of the tube of the heater who is going trough.

Regards and thank you from cold germany

Juergen

Juergen,

It looks like, in your message, that you have nmade the purchase agreement. Best of luck with the details and shipping. And it looks like by spring you should have it on the road. It is unfortunate that the put the aftermarket heater lines through the data plate, but who knew then how important they would be. At least, on mine, they drilled below the plate. Mac Blair can get you a replica, I believe.

I believe I am correct that only open cars had leather interiors. I think the 1933 Registry shoulkd have thecopy of the color sheets. I only have 1932s.

In 1932 you could have any color combination available with other closed cars of that year as long as the car was equipped with side mounted spares. As you probably know, the fenders and molding around the body where in darker colors and the body the light color. I think there were about 9 or 10 choices.

I still have not sorted out the problem with receiving you e-mails but I will dig out a photo of mine that shows the colors on my '32 sedan, so you have some idea.

I am sure you will have some response from others with a '33 that well know more specific about the colors.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Juergen:

Buick put leather interiors in virtually all cars for export. The overseas owner had to request a cloth interior if he wanted one.

IF your coupe was an export car (look for the X on the body plate), it was probably a leather interior car.

Regards, Dave Corbin