1970 wildcat for sale

So is it a hardtop, 2 door, convertible, 4 door???? One of these days people that post cars on here will think about tell us HOW MUCH they want, and where the car is located, but so far, it isn't happening! What can we do to get that to happen. Let me know if you have any ideas!<P>------------------<BR>Roberta<BR>BCA TREASURER 2000-2001<BR>BCA PRESIDENT 1998-2000<BR>BCA VICE PRESIDENT 1997-1998<BR>WEBMASTER<BR>1956 Special 2 door Sedan<BR>1966 Wildcats<BR>1968 GS-400 Convertible 4-speed<BR>1970 GSX Stage 1<BR>1970 Skylark Racecar - 11.26, 118 MPH, 7/22/00<BR>1986 GN, 4800 miles

how bout having as required fields for a sell post the location, price, and bullet for conv, 2d, 4d, other?<P>or, the easiest is just a warning that if those three vitals are not included that buickclub will erase the post...

• 2 weeks later...

I think rule #2 (or is it #3?) of interpreting used car ads is that if the body style is not mentioned, it must be a 4dr sedan.<P>Corollaries to this rule include: If it's a "hardtop" then it's a FOUR door hardtop; If it's described as a 2-door, then it's NOT a convertible!<P>By the way, I think rule #1 is that if the engine size is not specifically mentioned, then it has the smallest, least desireable engine available.<P>Other "rules" that I need to constantly remind myself (as I read Hemmings or browse the web) are....<P>1. "original" isn't<BR>2. "restored" means repainted...if you're lucky,it may be a color close to the original<BR>3. "like new" means like a new 10/20/30 year old used car<BR>4. beware of anyone that seems excessively proud of trivial items like "new brakes, new muffler, recent tune-up (WOW!), new fan belt..."<BR>5. "one (or fill in the blank) owner" just means few of the past owners bothered to retitle and register the car in their name<BR>6. "no rust" means no actual holes can be observed in the car when viewed from across the street and that beer cans have been pop-riveted around the largest holes<BR>7. "southern car" means it was bought from a location at least 2 blocks south of the seller's address---or that one of those Alabama titles that can be obtained for ANY car was acquired<BR>8. "low mileage" only means that the current odometer reading (whether correct, or second/third time around) is less than 15K times the number of years old the car is! (It amazes me that a 95K car of ANY age can be considered "low" mileage!)<BR>9. "numbers match" means that the brand of the engine probably matches the brand of the car and that the title may match the VIN on the car<P>Well, you get the idea. Does anyone have anymore to add?????

I have a few more to add:<P>#1: "Needs Minor Work" and/or "Easy Resto", means the car has not been started since 1978, has holes in the quarters the size of Reggie Jacksons ego, and the interior looks like the manson family has lived in it since 1970.<P>#2 "All original": the car was painted the original color, and only has bondo instead of beer cans.<P>#3 "Not Bad" I recently looked at a 72' Skylark Convertible that "was not bad" (as described by 2 diff. people) One said it was a original triple black car that just needed paint, the other was a little more fair, he said it needed "lower" quarter work. When I actually saw the car, it was originally orange with a tan interior, the body looked like it sat in a salt mine for 10 years (there was no lower fenders), and the lower quarter work was correct: there was no lower quarter to speak of. After noticing that the only salvagable piece off the entire car was the glove box door, they guy tells me he is looking to get $800 - $1000 for the car. And my favorite part: the car was a column shift car, with a floor shift column. You can figure the rest out!!!<P>#4: "Parts Car" I just bought a 69' Skylark Convertible "Parts Car" . It included the following: A 350 4V that did not smoke, a mint interior, new paint (3 months old), immaculate chrome, and new tires. Basically what you would call a #3 car. It had a dent, and needs a new top. Bought it in Ohio, drove it back to NY. Drive it everyday. Having new top put on in week or two. I wish I could find more "parts cars". <P>#5 "Worked Engine" Has a holley, maybe headers, a 3/4 race cam (whatever the hell that is), and chrome valve covers. And all the hoses, clamps, wires, grease, and dirt painted black with a spray can.<P>#6 "Rare Car" It is a 69' Camaro<P>#7 "Super Rare Car" It is a 1988 aries k, with AC<P>#8 "whatever price or b/o" $3 under my asking price<P>#9 and my favorite ad of all time:<BR>"1969 Skylark Conv: 350 w/dual exhaust, turbo mufflers, orig AM radio. New tires, new white conv top. Automatic. Runs great. Needs minor work. 39K mi. $15,000" <P>that is the actual ad, would you pay 15K???<P>james<BR>

Hey Wildcat fan...you in need of 66 stuff or know of anyone as I have lotsa stuff to sell. <BR> To add to this post...how about a Rust free mid to late 70's Chev truck....JC whitney has enough parts to repair the rust holes that you could nearly build your own cab and all the rest.....Ya dont need A/C on these!!!!!! Drop me an E if ya like...<BR> dlw29@hotmail.com<BR>

as dave barry said "the chevy vega was made of compressed rust, i know i bought one new in 1973 and pieces of the body started falling off as I was driving it out of the dealership"

• 11 months later...