Need photos of an installed '66 Quadrajet intake with ST400 tran

65_wcat

Hi there

Can anyone post a photo of an installed '66 Q-Jet intake? I am converting my '65 Wildcat 401 to '66 Q-Jet. I have the carb and intake. I need to see how the automatic transmission vacuum modulator line, throttle linkage and kickdown/switch pitch hooks up. Unlike the older Rochester, the Q-Jet does not have a port for the tranny line and power brake line.

I tried converting this weekend but the supposedly rebuilt Q-Jet carb was not up to par. Anyway, when I did hook it up, the throttle linkage seemed to almost hit the downshift switch. When I put back my old factory set up, I noticed that there is plenty of clearance between the two. Do I need a different throttle linkage?

Also, does the vacuum line for the tranny screw directly into the intake or is there a vacuum hose that connects the metal line to the intake??

Mike Middleton and Roberta were kind enough to try and help me earlier. However, Mike's Wildcat is a '63 and does not have the tranny line so I did not have a good reference.

I'm trying to do this right the second time! LOL!!!

Thanks for your help!

Greg

Guest imported_Thriller

Greg,

Unless I'm mistaken, this isn't a stock setup. The '66 401 should either be a Carter or a Rochester 4GC...my Wildcat has the Carter.

If you think that would be of any assistance, I can see what I have for photos or take photos when I'm at the car next (likely next weekend).

Thanks Derek.

You are correct, it is not a factory set up for '65. It was used on some of the 425 motors in '66. I have heard that the overall gas mileage and performance is better with the Q-Jet and that it is a fairly simple conversion.

BTW - I enjoyed your recent post regarding the '54 wagon and the '29 Marquette. You have quite a nice collection! I am particularly fond of the '66 Wildcat and the '52 Roadmaster. My grandmother had a '50 Buick Roadmaster Riviera Deluxe Coupe (power windows and seat). I was not even born when she drove it but I have seen pictures. Your '52 reminded me of her car.

Anyway, thanks again for replying to my post. Whenever you have a chance to post the photos is fine.

Greg