parts needed for restoring 64 apollo

I would appreciate help in finding the following: Posi for 63 style skylark rearend. finned valve covers w/o manuf. name. correct motormounts for the 64 300 engine.

I'm jealous, I have a photo of an Apollo that I have been dreaming about for years, there were cool. Any chance of sending me a photo of this one? As for your needed parts, I don't think there are any aluminum valve covers. Unless they are the usable from a 215 aluminum block, I know of none made. If you have seen them, they may have been Apollo made. And what part of the motor mounts do you need?<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Guest John Chapman

Rob and Brian,<P>OK... I'm stumped! What's a 1964 Apollo?<BR>I only remember them as the late 70's Buick version of the Nova.<P>Thanks for the education.<P>By the way, the Rover world may have aluminum valve covers that will fit the 215 V8. Just a thought.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

Not too many people have ever seen the Apollo,except for the 73/74's. There is someone in Calif.who has one and is quite knowledgeable about these cars, His name is Greg Field BCA # 1, (founder of the Buick Club of America). I don't have his address, but someone might have it. I believe that they were an imported car, not sure.<BR>Hope this helps.<P>Jim Schilf

We will scan a photo for those not familiar with the car. If anyone has the contact information for Greg Field I would like to have it.<BR>Once it is finished, do you think there would be interest in having an article for the Buick Club magazine about the restoration?<BR>-Rob

I have a friend that has an apollo - because of medical reasons it MAY go up for sale in the next year - If anyone is interested please send me your info and I will pass it on at the proper time - condition is very good and I have no idea on price . It is in Southern Calif. and I have no other info at this time. I am just doing this as a courtesy to those that may be interested and the owner does not know that I am doing it at this time. Send your interests to rivsrus1@home.com - Dick

Dear Dick, If the time comes for your friend's Apollo to be sold, I recommend giving Milt Brown a call at 510-704-0772.<BR>As builder of the Apollo he is a great resource for info especially true market value.