1939 Front Bumper and steering wheel stuff

Guest Grant Magrath

Guest Grant Magrath

Hi there!

I'm looking for a front bumper and bumper guards for our 1939 Special business coupe, as well as a horn ring and steering wheel centre cover. We bought a nice recast wheel from Bell Buick Parts, and now need the rest of the bits. Can any of you wonderful Buick enthusiasts help? Our car came with a 1940 bumper, and a 1940 horn ring and centre cover. We've had the horn ring and centre cover re-chromed, so if anyone wants to swap......?

Cheers

Grant Magrath

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Grant,

I recently saw Bell Buick parts advertise a 39 horn ring (reproduction) on e-Bay, I think it was priced at $395. I was told by my previous 39 owner that these are actually a little larger diameter than the originals because they make a mold and the repro turns out slightly larger than stock. I am still searching for a nice stock horn ring for my 39 Model 90. If you find two, let me know!

Jeff

Guest Grant Magrath

Thanks for the info Jeff.

We bought a recast steering wheel from Bell Buick, and it's quite nice. The color is spot on. I thought for the money, the chrome could have been better on the hub though. I suggested to them that they could buy our 1940 center and horn ring, and they want to see photos. Just have to get round to taking them! Can't sell them locally as there's probably only 1 or 2 1940's in New Zealand. I'll keep my eye out for a horn ring for you!

Cheers

Grant

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grant Magrath

Damn!

We had that one on our watch list, but it's way out of our price range! With this economic meltdown, our dollar is losing it's value against the U.S. A few months ago, NZ$1 was worth 81 cents. Now it's only worth 57 cents! Great if you want to buy stuff from here! I'll have to hunt out some stuff to sell and build my US funds up.

Cheers

Grant

PS I think We're all good as far as the horn ring goes. I'll have to get in touch with Skip Boyer and get some interior plastic organised.

• 2 months later...