installing seat belts in 36 Coupe

Guest n1gzd

Does anyone have any picture of their seat belt installation in a 36 coupe (or equivalent car). Are lap belts only simple choice. In my Desoto I just drilled holes in the floor just behind the front seat and installed a doubler with the hardware.

I have never installed seat belts in a Coupe. Is a lap belt installed the same way the best choice or are there other alternatives (even harness?)?

Pictures?

Thanks,

Rebecca

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Plymouthy

Seatbelt are for sure a bit better than nothing at all..installed they must be used..not installed..law has to look the other way. Originality to some would put shoulder harness totally out of the question...Installtion of your belts would be on the order you did the other car with the only real concern being matching the interior. I have retrofitted my cars with shoulder harness, one even has sliding shoulder adjuster for confort..I care more about me and the spouse than originality..your call...both are easy to fit..

In my state it is legal to have no belts (if car did not come with them).

In my other cars I just drilled the holes just behind the bench at about the width of a person.

Rebecca

Guest Plymouthy

In reality I answered your question that it would be done in the same manner in which you did your previous car and that if you are not contrary to originality that shoulder harness could be used...you seem to echo what I said..I further stated that the law must look the other way if not installed on these cars..and IF you install then the law can write a ticket for the lack of use..so I guess I fail to see what you are asking if you indeed know the law and done this before..again..choose a color and put them in...this is not anywhere hard to do or for that matter, even less difficult to chosse a brand or supplier. If you are looking for a template or such for that particular body, one would not exist unless the supplier of the belt wants to assume liability and dictate placement..I think you will not find this to be true in the industry..you are on your own. Retrofitting production belts and harness is just too easy and to affordable to spend good money to a supplier for aircraft style flip up latches in my opinion..