WANTED PLACE TO BUY REPO/NEW PARTS 69 BONNEVILLE

jer

Depends what you are looking for.

Mechanically, a lot of these are still available at local auto parts stores. Try a NAPA.

Kanter Auto used to offer front end and brake rebuild kits.

Ames Performance Engineering offers a Pontiac big car catalog.

Year one has some things interspaced through there GTO catalog that will work.

You will have to search for bumpers and sheet metal through either Hemmings, on line or Ebay as to my knowledge no one makes reproduction parts for this car.

This is a one year only body style, and full size Pontiacs have a limited following. This is from experience, I own one also.

There are a lot of differences as well as a lot of similarities in the 65-70 full size cars. But also some real tricky things, like there were two designs of water pumps in '69, interchangeable as long as you use the correct water pump pulley.

I recommend that you join the Pontiac Oakland Club International if you are not a member. They publish a monthly magazine and have tech advisers for assistance to club members.

I know it gets frustrating at times, I personally looked for clutch linkage for my car for over two years, and found it by chance by word of mouth.

Been there, done that at least a couple of times. And still looking for a couple of items, and the car has been "done" for eleven years.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Bob Call

I once had a 68 Bonnie convert with a 389. Real sweet ride. Traded it in on a new 69 Gran Prix LS with the 428 and dual gate shifter TH350, positraction, loaded with all of the goodies. Ran like the preverbial scalded a-- ape but at about 9-10 miles per gallon. But, gasoline was only $0.40 back then.

• 4 months later...

if your looking for parts car, 69 bonneville 4dr. i just met a man with one in his yard, last week end, car looks great, inside is white and mint, car outside is good, no visible rust, problem is has frame rot above rear wheel. said he wants to get rid of but hates to junk it, he said it runs, he live close to me, and dont have contact info, but i told him i would knock on his door, this guy is a car buff and has a restored falcon, im sure he doesnt want this car junked. car is in mass south of boston, i hope someone responds before the guys wife really gets pushy. i can try to get pics if someone wants.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Slik Willy

I have a 69 Bonneville,, that had the same nose problem you have, the cracked rubber ,, I bought a fiberglass cover , but sent it back,, just a flimsy single layer of glass; for 200.+$

I stripped all the rubber off of the metal base that bolts to the bumper, and made a new nose using all metal, the metal powder reinforced resins, and shaped it to match the hood , and also eliminate the gap for the rubber gasket that goes between the hood and nose,

I thought about making a few of these, since a decent replacement part is not available, but need the metal backing part to start with,,

It worked out great, and will never deterate,,