chrysler flat head industrial engine

Great shape.Runs pefectly,was used as an auxillary water pump in the bay area.Maintained well.Comes complete with carb,generator and water pump.It is the chrysler or desoto style engine,these motors have the stromger crank,improved cooling system and sleeved cylinders.Price is 400 or best offer.

I'm assuming that this engine's block is 25" long and not 23" since you said it was a Chrysler/Desoto block. What is the displacemnet? Is it a IND 265 or an IND 251. Sodium valves? What is the number stamped on the engine boss (upper left side of block by cylinder head and wather pump)? Does it have any plate with numbers stamped (some are brass plates) located down by the fuel pump that you could share? Was it cooled by salt water or by fresh water?

Thanks for the additional information.

This engine was cooled by anti freeze the trailer it was in was a self contained unit with a radiator.The antifreeze was fresh and clean.I saw and heard the motor run before i bought it and it sounded nice.The tag is missing.As to the displacement i have not checked the stroke out yet.I will soon.Yes it is 25 inches long,the same length as my chrysler spitfire motor.The numbers on the engine i can get as soon as i get to my storage area to write them down.thankyou for your reply.

• 3 months later...