Antique Storage: Washington DC

I would appreciate any advice anyone could share regarding a simple problem ... where to keep an antique car. I live in Washington DC, a very congested urban area. I will shortly own a cherry 1967 Cadillac DeVille convertible. This car is really too large for commercial, urban garages. It would be nice to find a space with room to work on the car. I'm just starting my search. What should I look for? Who could I contact? What should I be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Crezlin -<BR>I'm in the same boat as you. You might get lucky in finding a "little old lady" with spare garage space, but don't count on it. The commercial storage outfits don't really want your business - in fact most will tell you to get lost. There are a few that will allow inside storage of a licensed, running car. Working on it is another issue. Storage outfits may prohibit any mechanical work. Another option that I am looking at is buying an enclosed trailer to store and work on my car. I would park it in a commercial storage outside space, which is much cheaper and more flexible than inside storage. Let me know how you make out. cool.gif" border="0

Crez -<BR>Another thing, make sure that you join all the appropriate local clubs - AACA: National Capital Region, Sugarloaf Mountain Region, Bull Run Region and the Cadillac Owners Club.<BR>Often, members can get you a storage lead and, if not, at least you can have fun with your car.<P>Another idea, you might be able to store it with a car cover in a commercial garage on a monthly rate. Hard to work on it, but at least it would be semi-protected.