Info wanted on Studebaker Truck M16-52

Our museum just acquired a Studebaker M16-52 and drove it 360 miles up the Alaska Highway to our museum. We are having a problem determining the actual year built. Various government documentation shows 3 different years.

The serial number is 39694. Can anyone help us?

Thanks

Guest Leonard Shepherd

I emailed my friend who is an expert on Studebaker trucks, and this is what he said.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Leonard; According to the serial number posted, M16-39694, it is a factory produced 1947 model. The M16 was rated as a 1 1/2 ton chassis. The '52' indicates a 152 inch wheelbase truck from the factory. Hope this answers the gentleman's question. Please post on the AACA Forum. Frank</span>

Our museum is in Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. Mile 300 on the Alaska Highway. Our website is www.fortnelsonmuseum.ca The museum is not hooked up to the internet, so I do this research from home.

Not being an expert, I will have to check with the curator over this weekend as to which models and years the two Studebaker cars are. I will post the results on this thread on Tuesday

You are quite correct.

We have one four door blue 1951 Studebaker Champion with suicide doors. We also have one 1955 Studebaker President with a V-8 Pass Master engine.

Both vehicles were made in Hamilton Ontario by the Studebaker Corporation of Canada and both still run.

Our curator also has in his private collection a 1926 Studebaker. He can't remember the model name, but says it was only made that one year, and was similar to a touring car but has a hard top. It is in need of restoration.

If you are ever traveling the Alaska highway, make sure to drop in and see our complete collection