1930 Oldsmobile Patrician De Luxe Sedan

JerDanCo

I recently purchased a 1930 Oldsmobile Patrician De Luxe Sedan project car. This is my first Oldsmobile project. I was wondering if someone could direct me to where I can find items such as a shop manual and information on where I can purchase parts? I know for sure that I am missing the gas tank and the seats. Are those parts interchangeable from any other year? I am also wondering if there is a wood template kit for all the wood parts that need replaced. Thank you.

• 5 months later...
Guest oldsmobile1915

dyke's automotive encyclopedia is a good source as to a generic manual (free on google books), Fusick Automotive is a good source for parts, Al Sandy is a good source for literature, the occasional ebay is good to find literature and parts... but a parts car is priceless. NAOC is a great resource for you too (national antique olds club).

Your vehicle, although not impossible will not be an "off the shelf restore"... you have 2 big things going against it... it's prewar and it's not a popular marquee… heck, if you wanted to build, rebuild, or restore a mid 60’s ford mustang… not a problem. Your patience will be the key to your success. I have oldsmobiles from the teens to the 1980’s… if you get stuck, I’ll try to point you in the right direction.

Good luck

~Joe

• 5 months later...

What kind of shape is your car in? I purchased what I thought was a Deluxe Patrician, but now think it is just a 1930 Deluxe Four Door with wire wheels. If you have any photos, please email them to me at jmmoss@speedwaymotors.com

I am working on fixing mine up as a driver.

How is your project going?

I have a friend that might be interested in buying one. Thanks. John

Try autolit.com for pictures, books and manuals. also some chevy wood patterns should be the same. I'm not sure about the seats you have to measure them but chevy might work but double measure cause the body might be narrower. Olds is a loner as far as many body parts so you just about have to find another parts car or keep looking on ebay

• 5 years later...
Guest PADICKEY

We recently purchased 1930 oldsmobile 4 door sedan from an uncle. He bought the vehicle in mid 1940s and his failing memory leaves us with many unanswered questions. We are learning about the car and have found this string of posts and the VIN comment very helpful !! Glad it popped up in my Internet search. We now feel confident that ours is a patrician delux. VIN: PDS 2467.

Thanks from some newbies in the antique car world.