trunk leaks

Guest bcboy

Guest imported_bcboy

Courtesy of our lovely new england weather lately.....rain and then more rain.....I am discovering a trunk with puddles galore. I have already tossed trunk lining.. PEW! Anyone have any experience with this? I can't see where h20 is entering trunk???? Many Thanks

Hey "BC",

The first TC I had came with a wet floor, wet storage area behind seats, and a wet trunk, I finally found it came from the rear windiws. I fixed the leak on the passenger side; but I never did stop the driver side completely.

Good Luck, Lou

Guest imported_bcboy

not sure what I am looking for when you say "drains connected in top well". Where would I be looking to see if drains are connected?

The soft top 'well' where the convertable top lives when it is stowed has two small drain hoses, one on each side. THey do get blocked with dirt/dust/debris and then when water does find its way in there, it can find it's way into your trunk.

Find the deepest two 'divots' in the top well, the drain hoses are located in the bottom of them. Best way to make sure they are open is with a small piece of wire coat hangar or similar and a high presure air hose.

Alan