26 Gramham Brothers/Dodge Fire Truck

Guest Dick Doan

Guest Dick Doan

I bought a 26 Graham truck about 2-1/2 years ago. It has a Prospect Fire Equipment body, "Deluge" rotary pump, & 2 chemical tanks.

It was owned by the Paoli Indian VFW from about 1962 until I bought it. I have not been able to determine what fire department it served.

The body is pretty good, but the wooden tailboard needs to be replaced. The VFW had the engine & tranny replaced with a early 1970s Toyota set. The engine & tranny, which they removed, was included with the deal. The old engine is 4 cylinder, overhead valve, with a cast valve cover that says Morton and Brett, Indianapolis, Ind. I have not been able to determine if this was the original engine & tranny or if it was an earlier repowering. I also don't know the condition of the old set. The starter/generator is Northeastern.

I'm new to antique trucks, and just found this site tonight. I'm just an old firefighter, who had his first heart stent put two weeks ago. Please help me to gather information. I would like to rebuild & reinstall the old engine & tranny, if they are original.

Willie.jpg

Dick Doan dd@firehousemail.com

Guest Nollie Neill Jr

Dick,

Nice looking truck. Can't personally help you with the engine question but I'm sure others can. You will find lots of information on the internet.

You probably should have posted this to the Dodge Brothers site, here on AACA instead of G&P, since this truck was built while the Graham Brothers were working for DB.

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/forums/30/1/Dodge_Dodge_Brothers

Also this group is for 28-38 Dodge trucks, but I know some of them can help you also.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1928-38Dodgetrucks/

Personally I'd like to see more photos of this truck, and I'll try and help you with it's history. I'll contact you direct.

Welcome to the ownership of DB/Dodge Fire Trucks.

Take Care,

Nollie

NC