Turn Signal/Hazard Switch Assembly

CReichert

Hi-<P>I just got my shop manual and from the electrical schematics and previous posts here, I have traced my faulty turn signals to this switch. Can anyone tell me where it is located, how much for new part and if I can do it myself? I just got my manual (Thanks, Jim Finn!) and am learning how to use it. Can anyone point me toward the location of this switch? <P>Thanks,<BR>CTR

Guest Greg Ross

This Manual makes great "Bathroom" reading, you haven't said what year?<BR>Scan through the Manual and you'll find drawings showing the location of components.<BR>In the '88 FSM, Section 8C refers to it as the "Hazard Warning,Turn Signal,and Cornering Lamps Module. Page 8C-6 shows the location as being above the Left Side Sound Insulator Panel (below the Steering Column) There should be a Bracket plate (2 screws) with this Module mounted on top of it. Probably towards the Emergency Brake Pedal.<BR>That's about as descriptive as I can get. wink.gif" border="0<BR>Yes you can definitely do this yourself, check back with Mr. Finn for a replacement Module or your friendly neighbourhood Buick Dealer. Pricewise I'll think you'll find Jim has the better price and since these modules don't typically give trouble I'd be leaning towards an "Experienced Part"<BR> wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: GM Ross ]