Engine being rebuilt!

Guest PWN

Guest imported_PWN

As we speak.

New Babbitts (rods and crank), valves, rings, crank turned, line bored, etc.

Anyone have any ideas of where to find rings, and valves.

The one unexpected thing was a crack in a cylinder. Appears that it will not be much of a problem to fix.

Tom, at Godwin and Singer in St. Pete, FL has already taken nearly 400 photographs of the engine during its survey.

Should be ready in several months, in the meantime I will remove the body and restore the rolling chassis.

Any idea about 1922 color schemes? Did all the Chandlers really have black hoods and running gear and painted bodies?

Engine light green - any ideas on where to get the paint?

INTERESTING STORY - while returning from dropping the Chandler engine off, my wife and I passed by Haslans (a huge book store in Old St. Pete). After a minute or two we decided to turn back and check out the store.

In the automotive section I found an entire shelf of "Automotive Quarterly" and randomly pulled a magazine out. I turned to the only detailed Chandler article the journal had published in it's MANY years of print.

I turned the page, and low and behold, there was a photograph of my very own Dispatch! It was sitting in my Grandfathers drive way and I could see his orange grove in the background.

Wow, you think my long deceased Grandfather led me to that magazine?

Take care all,

Peter

PS, I will post the Volume and issue of the Chandler article. It was a very long very detailed article. The best I have found on Chandler cars. I believe it was from the early 1980s.