Newbie 1930 Plymouth 30U Owner

Guest Pat_Woodruff

Guest Pat_Woodruff

Yahoo, I've got my first (well almost first, I had a 49 Plymouth in college and of course it went when I got responsibilities i.e. wife # 1) Plymouth. It is a 30U serial number 1518952. I've got the build card but it has very little information. It says the upholstery is 4 wood cloth. Where do I go to see what 4 wood cloth is? The model is a Rumble seat coupe. Body paint says Briggs body. No color listed. Upholstery below belt is black.

What club(s) should I join to best support me in my restoration effort? Where do I find technical information? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

patwoodruff@charter.net

Thanks!

Pat

Four cylinder Plymouths are a special breed and a great car. I love taking mine to local shows and showing the features that make it so superior to its Ford and Chevy contemporaries. AACA is a definite must, but I am not a Plymouth Club member. My father used to belong when it was still called the "Four Cylinder Plymouth Owners Club." Then it became the 4&6 Cylinders owners club, then the 4,6 & V8 Owners club. Now the four cylinder owners are quite the minority.

I've owned my PA for 18 years, and my father owned it for 30 before that, so if I can help you with advice, send me an e-mail. The PA is a bit different than the 30U, but not by much. It is a great car that you will not soon tire of.