Diagnostics Mode Questions

First off Engine Codes:<P>E022C <-- Is that a prob with the Idle Air Control? IAC? And how do I fix it. It shows 0 at idle and teh car shuts off unless I give it some gas. Is that normal?<P>Update: Well I went into the ecm and extended the IAC and now the car stays on but in diag mode but I am still getting that code. Some help please.<P>What is the way to check intake temps? Thanks guys. And Thanks 2seater for sending me that stuff.

E022 is an error code for the TPS, Throttle Position Sensor. "C" indicates a current fault. You can read the TPS voltage in ED01, which should read in the area of .4 volts at closed throttle and increase to over 4 volts at full throttle. You could try something as simple as unpluggung and re-plugging the TPS connector, it only operates at 5 volts input so it must have a good connection. For the intake air temperature, read the MAT sensor, ED23, which will read in degrees C. You must convert to deg.F.

Guest C.F.Massie

I replaced my IAC and TPS awhile back and a warning to all, DON'T OVER TIGHTEN the mounting screws on the TPS. It doesn't take much movement of the TPS to throw the adjustment off and over tightening will strip out the threads in the throttle body. If you have a multimeter you can test the voltage at the TPS and adjust accordingly. I changed the mounting screws on mine to aircraft titamium screws, just because I feel more comfortable with the hardware we use in the aerospace industry more than I do with the auto industry hardware. When I set the TPS to the correct reading and secured it I then marked a spot on the TPS and throttle body with white paint so if it needs adjusting in the future I have a good reference point to start with. Good Luck, its not very difficult .