37 Dodge Clutch Replacement

dodge55

I am finally getting around to replacing my 37 Dodge engine (cracked block) with a 37 Plymouth engine. I am using my Dodge trans, but putting in the Plymouth engine, bell housing etc. I assume I should order a clutch system for the Plymouth engine? Its a 9 1/4" clutch. Also, are the motor mounts the same for the Plymouth and Dodge? I've noticed that there are price differences between the Dodge and Plymouth parts (from the same supplier) and was wondering why. After I install the new clutch, the engine should bolt right up to the Dodge trans?

Thanks

Steve V

Guest elmo39

Steve

the clutch and engine mount are the same ,and the engine will bolt up to the trans , you do realise that the plymouth is only 201 cubic " and the dodge is 217 cubic"

Thanks for the info. I knew the Plymouth engine was smaller , which will translate into slightly less horsepower (87 vs 84) but around here at least (Phila, PA), the only engines I could find were Plymouths. I got this one from Pittsburgh. I wanted an engine I could physically look at and there were no Dodge engines within a realistic drive. But with the condition of my Dodge engine, 84 hp will be a considerable improvement. I'll get the parts ordered. Thanks again.