Need some stuff

alesco

Boy, this is an expensive hobby! I bought my 88 coupe with only 75,000 miles, and the motor runs great. The only problem is that there are so many little things that only Buick can repair that I already have a bill of $2,000, and this doesn't include needing new tires.<P>I still need to repair the antenna, sunroof, cassette deck, headliner before the car comes as close to perfect as I can afford.<P>This is what I need:<BR>In one discussion, someone had a link to the Fiero site to purchase belts to fix my cassette, but there's more than one set listed, so which one do I buy or is there another site I can check? Or . . . do I need to get a complete unit since the door won't even shut if I try to put a cassette in it?<P>Also, not only do I need to replace the headliner, I might need to replace the board between the headliner and the roof? Does anyone out there have one of those, and how much? frown.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

Frank P-<P>I emailed The Fiero Store to get a belt for my '89. I gave them the dimensions of the belt and type of radio. They replied that the correct part number is: part #95555. However, I do not know for sure since I did not order one yet and did not actually see it. <P>CTR<BR>'90 named "Ruben"<BR>'89 named "Miles"

The '88-89 E bodies use a two belt remote cassette player. The delco part# for the set is:1228189. The larger of the two is a real pain in the ass to change. It is available from MCM electronics for a buck or two.There part # is 42-1990. I'm a retired electronic tech, and I have NEVER seen such a diabolical mechanical contraption. I've changed this belt on a couple of these decks with success, and swear I'll never do it again. But then.....